BEHIND THE BEAUTY: Versace Fall 09



written by Brandy Gomez-Duplessis

My favorite Makeup Artist Pat McGrath did it again…she really glammed up the makeup for Versace Ready-To -Wear Fall 2009 fashion show. McGrath mimicked Donatella Versace’s everyday smoky look when she did the makeup on the models. Personally this is my favorite style of makeup; I love it on my clients, on photo shoots and myself. This smoky intense black eye can work well on everybody if done correctly.

McGrath put together shiny black and dark blue powders on the socket and underneath the eye. She accentuated the crease of the eyes with a shimmery pink powder blending it right under the brow bone. To give it that wow factor she applied black false eyelashes. She used black eyeliner very heavily and she also filled in the models brows for definition. On the cheeks she re-used that same shimmery pink powder and a second pale matte pink blush. A liquid pearlized highlighter right above the check bone to help bring focus to eyes. McGrath finished this sexy glamor look with a nude gloss.


I think this may be the look I will wear tonight…with exception of taking the black shadow all the way out to the socket.

Labels: , ,